Fumination.com is a website every anime lover should visit regularly. In this space, you will find all the anime you’ve ever wanted easy and downloadable. Aside from that, some anime on this website are English dubbed so you can enjoy it with or without subtitles.
Therefore, if you have been looking for the best platform to access and download ad-free anime, movies and top TV shows, Funimation.com is the best place to go!
In this article more about the website will be explicitly explained, so read to the end to grasp it all.
Funimation is one of the top places to stream anime content. It has the largest collection of anime series and movies, including English-dubbed anime, Japanese anime content, and more. You can easily catch up with the extensive library of dubbed content and subtitled shows.
This website also allows you to enjoy both free and paid services. Surprisingly, unlike other websites, Funimation supports streaming online content, as well as offline downloads as well. However, to enjoy streaming a full and wide range of content on this platform, you need to activate Funimation on your Smart TVs and streaming devices.
If you don’t know how to go about the activation, in this article you’ll understand better but first let’s take a brief look at the history of Funimation.
Funimation is an American-based company that distributes and dubs Japanese anime. This brand was founded on May 9, 1994, by Gen Fukunaga and his wife Cindy in Silicon Valley with funding from Daniel Cocanougher and his family.
Later, the business moved to North Richland Hills, Texas. Now, Funimation has become one of the most important distributors of anime and other foreign entertainment products in North America. Some of the well-known movies it has licensed include Dragon Ball, One Piece, Yu Yu Hakusho, My Hero Academia, Attack on Titan and Fairy Tail. You will also find movies like Black Clover, Fruits Basket, Assassination Classroom, Cowboy Bebop, Tokyo Ghoul, and Code Geass on their page.
Before you proceed to activate your fumination on your smartphones or TVs, you need to understand that the website is not totally free. Although you get to enjoy a 14-day free trial on all Funimation plans, however, after that, you will need to pay to get access to view the full content of the platform.
Basically, there are three plans available in Funimation. They Include:
- Premium – $5.99 per month.
- Premium Plus – $7.99 per month.
- Plus Ultra Premium – $99 per year
However, you can cancel the Funimation free trial or subscription anytime you want.
To enjoy a seamless and amazing view of Funimation, you would need to create a user account with the website and activate Funimation on your streaming device or Smart TV, which you create and activate simply by visiting the official website on a browser.
To ensure successful registration and activation, follow this guide strictly:
- Open any web browser and go to the official Funimation Website, Funimation.com.
- Click on the Try Premium Plus button in the top right corner of the web page.
- Select the plan you want and click on the START MY FREE TRIAL option.
- Enter your email address and password in the required box and tap on the Continue button.
- After that, you will be directed to the next page, where you will need to enter the required billing and payment details like credit or debit card details or PayPal.
- Click on the START SUBSCRIPTION button.
- Viola! You have successfully created the Funimation account, and now you can enjoy the 14-day free trial benefits.
To activate Funimation on your smartphones or other devices, you will need to install the Funimation app on your device which you can easily download from either Apple or Google Play store. If you’re a new user, our installation guides to how to get the app will be explained later in the article, keep reading to see it!
Anyways, to activate your Funimation:
- Download the Funimation app
- Launch it and click on the Sign in option.
- ‘Funimation activate code’, which is a unique activation code will be displayed on your TV screen or smartphone.
- Launch a browser on your computer or smartphone and visit Funimation Activation Site (www.funimation.com/accounts/activate).
- Input the activation code, click the Continue button and enter your Funimation login details.
- Done! Your Funimation app is activated successfully and is ready to stream on your devices.
Presently, Funimation supports only the 4th and the 5th generation of the Apple TV, which are the Apple TV & Apple TV 4K respectively, running on tvOS 9.0.
- Turn on your Apple TV and connect it to a swift and stable internet connection.
- Navigate to the Apps store on the TV and open it by clicking on it.
- Click on the search button at top of the screen.
- Type Funimation in the search box and launch.
- You will be provided with a list of apps, choose the Funimation icon from that list provided.
- Next, you’ll select ‘install’ to start downloading the app
- Once the app gets downloaded, click the Open button to launch it on your Apple TV.
- Thereafter, the Funimation app will display on your screen. Now, Yiu can start streaming your favourite Anime content on your TV screen by logging into your Funimation account.
If your Apple TV is a third or second-generation TV, you can as we enjoy the Funimation platform through Airplay Funimation videos from your iPhone or iPad to Apple TV.
Follow these guides to set up:
- Connect your Apple TV and iPhone/iPad to the stable WiFi network.
- Install the Funimation app from the App Store.
- Launch the app and then enter your login data.
- Once you log in, play the content you want and then hit the Airplay icon on the media player.
- Select your Apple TV and the video will start playing on the TV screen immediately.
- That’s it. These steps
- Switch on your Amazon Firestick and connect it to stable and swift internet.
- Navigate to the Find menu bar and then select the Search section.
- Search for Funimation App.
- From the options provided, select the Funimation app and click the Download button to install the app.
- After the app gets installed, click Open to launch the app.
- Then, go to the Apps and Channels section and open the Funimation app.
- Input your Funimation login details and start streaming your favourite Anime content on Firestick-connected TV.
- After turning on your Roku device, go to the Roku home screen.
- Navigate to the channels shop and type Funimation.com/activate into the search field.
- Select the “Add channel” tab from the “Funimation Channel” menu.
- Then, launch the Funimation Channel channel, and you’ll see a ‘Funimation activate code Roku’, appear on your screen.
- Then, you go to Funimation.com/activate on your phone or any other device to copy the verification code sent to your phone number or email address.
- To access the Funimation Channel, go to Funimation.com/activate Roku and “Sign In,” then input the code that you had copied on the screen earlier.
- Navigate to your PS4’s home screen > TV > video.
NB: have the Funimation Channel installed on your device already.
- Then go to the Playstation Store or Apple store, whichever you use and get the Funimation Channel App.
- Once you launch the channel, ‘Funimation activate code ps4′, will appear after you have selected your TV provider from the drop-down option.
- Using your smartphone, go to Funimation.com/activate and input the activation code in the fields provided.
Highlighted below are the steps to activate an account on Xbox,
- Open your Xbox, go to the App Store, and search for Funimation Channel.
- Navigate to the Xbox menu and select “Activate Channel” from the drop-down menu.
- ‘Funimation activates code Xbox’ will be sent to your phone after you have selected your TV provider from the menu.
- Using your mobile device or TV, go to Funimation.com/activate and input the activation code in the fields provided.
- Done! You are ready to start streaming the anime of your choice seamlessly.
Your Funimation cancellation method depends on the device/payment mode that you used to subscribe to Funimation, which could be:
- Browser on PC
- iOS (iTunes)
- Android (Google Play)
- Amazon in-app purchase
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- Visit the Funimation official website on your PC or smartphone browser.
- Login to the website with your Funimation account details.
- Thereafter, click on the My Account option from the drop-down menu.
- Select Subscription and then click on Cancel to end your Funimation membership.
- Click on Cancel Subscription to confirm the cancellation.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone/iPad.
- Select your Apple ID.
- Select the Subscriptions tab.
- Click on the Funimation button you want to review and click on Cancel Subscription.
- Launch the Funimation app on your Android phone.
- Log into your account.
- Click on the hamburger menu and go to Subscriptions.
- Choose the Funimation subscription that you want to cancel.
- Click on Cancel Subscription.
- Choose your reason for cancellation, if your reason is not among the suggested ones, input yours and click Confirm.
Definitely! Funimation is one of the most exceptional and worthy platforms for anime lovers. You can explore the series of classics, new release movies and shows at a reasonable price.
With a single Funimation account, two to five devices can stream content simultaneously
First, make sure your subscription is active and not past due. Close the app and start it again if you have an active subscription.
No. With a Crunchyroll account, you can’t access Funimation.